Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Box 440
Whg. W. Va.

May 12, 1942
Cadet Emil E. Narick
Sqd. D. Group I
Orderly Office
Maxwell Field, Alabama
Monday Evening
After supper
Hiya brother dear,
How's our boy feeling today? Fine, we're all hoping.
Say boy, we haven't heard from you for days. What is the matter? Busy, I'll betcha! Well, write whenever you have the time and we'll appreciate your sending. Mother and Pop and the rest of the family really look forward to your letters.
Mom got your ornament two days before Mother's Day, but it was broken to pieces! Mary & Mom took it up to the post-office and they had it sent to you. For what, I don't know! What we did see of your Mother's Day gift was simply grand! Mother like it loads, and wants me to be sure and thank you a million for the gift and the very nice card. Nice of you to remember, bro!
Mother and Mary we're in town this afternoon. They met Mrs. Nay. Mom thinks she's wonderful and so does Mary!
Becky was down home Sunday afternoon, but no one was home. Mother was at the May procession at the Cathedral in Whg. (Wheeling). Mary was out for the afternoon, and I was in bed! But Becky came up and left a bottle of Old Spice Toilet Water for Mom. Was so sweet of her! She's a dear, and we all like her plenty!!
Becky brought the pictures of you in uniform, playing football. Say hon, they are nice. Would I be asking you for too much if I asked for a picture of you (alone) in uniform. Please Emil, may I have it?
Mother would just love to have a big picture of you in uniform. They want to put it in on her dresser.
Well dear, words are failing me. Write soon. Regards and love from every single one of us!
Like you!
Your Sis,
Anny

No comments:

Post a Comment