Saturday, February 4, 2012

Just a few lines (that's all I have) of a letter from Emil to Rebecca (Becky)

September 25, 1942

Hi dearest,

Just came back from the flight line after flying 1 hr & 5 minutes of formations....the instructor pt me in unusual positions while under the hood and then I had to recover to level flight. He put me in snap roll-vertical spin.

Then yesterday afternoon instead of going to classes our squadron went to a court martial hearing. This was damn interesting to me because I sort of like this law business. The court is conducted similar to a civil court except the court is composed of high ranking officers of the post.

A cadet from class of 42-J who was charged with drunkenness and disorderly conduct. I think the fellow will get off easy since being drunk he wasn't normal.

Loving you always and forever,

Emil

No comments:

Post a Comment